Name: Francesco Giannini
- Consultant in Interventional Cardiology, Maria Cecilia Hospital, Care & Research, Cotignola, Italy
- Coordinator of Cardiovascular Structural Intervention Activity and Coordinator of Clinical Research in Interventional Cardiology, Maria Cecilia Hospital, Care & Research, Cotignola, Italy
- Coordinator of the Educational Program of 2nd level master in Interventional Cardiology, Ferrara University, Italy
12/2018 -02/2021 Chief of Interventional Cardiology Department, GVM Maria Cecilia Hospital, Cotignola, Ravenna
01/2015-11/2018 Interventional Cardiologist, IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan
09/2015-ongoing Interventional Cardiologist, Clinic Columbus, Milan
01/2014-01/2015 Fellow in interventional Cardiology, Isala Hospital, Zwolle, De Netherlands
2012-2013 2nd level master in Interventional cardiology at IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy.
During this year of training, I performed more than 200 PCI as first operator. I started my training in structural heart disease participating in TAVI as 2nd second operator as well as in MitraClip procedures.
Thesis title “The ratio of contrast volume to glomerular filtration rate predicts acute kidney injury and mortality after transcatheter aortic
2007-2012 Resident in Cardiology University of Trieste, Italy.
2005-2011 School of Medicine, University of Trieste, Italy.
1999-2004 Humanistic Studies High School , Liceo “classico” LS. Antonio di Padova, Soverato, CZ, Italy
03/2012 Cardiologist Specialist (grade 60/60 cum laude), University of Trieste, Italy
10/2007 Doctor of Medicine (grade 110/110 cum laude), University of Trieste, Italy
2008 Medical Board Certification, University of Trieste, Italy
Fully independent in the management and percutaneous treatment of coronary artery diseases and structural heart diseases. In particular gained experience in:
- treatment of complex coronary artery diseases
- transcatheter treatments of valve diseases (TAVR, Mitraclip, Triclip, TVMR, PVL closure)
- percutaneous mechanical circulatory support (Impella, Impella RP)
- management and percutaneous treatment of refractory angina (Narrowing of coronary sinus)
- left appendage and PFO closures
- management of pressure control intermittent coronary sinus occlusion in STEMI patients
Trainer in TAVR and Reducer procedures.
Growing experience (animal lab) in robotic PCI, trans-septal mitral valve replacement devices, percutaneous treatment of heart failure (LV remodelling devices).